The congress will take place in the headquarter of the University of Milan located in via Festa del Perdono 7.
The University of Milan is a public teaching and research university, which – with 8 faculties and 2 schools and a teaching staff of more than 2000 professors – is distinguished by its wide variety of disciplinary fields. Founded in 1924 is the largest university in the region, with approximately 64,000 students. The head quarter is situated in the renaissance building of Ca’ Granda or “the Big House”, the name once used by the Milanese people to describe the huge Ospedale Maggiore complex. Founded on 1456 by the Duke of Milan Francesco Sforza and his wife Bianca Maria, the complex, one of the first Italian examples of civil architecture, was built to provide medical care for the city’s poorest people. The project was entrusted to the Tuscan architect Antonio Averlino, known as Filarete. The building was seriously damaged by the bombings of 1943. At the end of the Second World War, Cà Granda was assigned to the University. In 1958, after a complex series of reconstruction and renovation works, it became home to the University Rector’s Office, the administrative offices and the Faculties of Law and Humanities.